Sunday, June 3, 2012

Flame Princess and Adventure Time Makeup!

Animazment was the first time I wore this costume, so I greatly underestimated how long it would take to put on all that makeup.
It took around 1 hour and 45 minutes, but we were all helping each other. Well, Ktar was putting on makeup for Ice Queen, and my sister was putting on makeup for Marceline, and we did each other's backs.

I was the only one who had the makeup to test it out before the convention, so I was the only one who had it down on what to do to get it on evenly and to make it stay put.

I didn't' have any problems with it coming off for several hours, and only then it was minor. I didn't put any on my palms to start with so I didn't have any problems with it coming off there anyway.

We used Ben Nye creme liners for Flame Princess and Marceline, and Ktar chose to use light blue Ben Nye creme foundation.
We bought all of our suplies from Frends Beauty Supply online, but the shipping was really expensive for what we were getting, so we all bought it together and split the shipping.
Link to Creme color search
Link to Final Seal
Link to Colorless Powder

For Flame princess, I mixed 2 containers of Goldenrod, and 1/4 of a container of Red. For Marceline I mixed 1 White and 1 Grey container.

I used Haanyan's Homestuck makeup tutorial to get the idea on how to use this sort of makeup.

I contoured with red Creme Liner for Flame Princess, black eyeshadow for Marceline, and Ktar used blue lipstick and eyeshadow for her lips and contouring.

To seal it we powdered the heck out of ourselves, which we should have photographed, which was a party and a half in itself….

After powdering it, we sprayed ourselves with the Final Seal, and we were on our merry way.

Ktar and I were Rooks in this year's Cosplay Chess, on the side character's side, and we both made it until the end of the match, helping the side characters win, haha

We wore the Adventure Time costumes from about 9am until 6pm, and we still looked really good by the end of the day, makeup wise. We got up at 7 to start putting on the makeup and didn't really start until 7:30 and we didn't finish until around 9 or 9:15…So if any one is thinking of doing something like this, start far in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...