Sunday, November 21, 2010

Complete Weeping Angel!

From left to Right: me (Kilayi), Ktar, and Penwiper

Dragon*Con was AWESOME!
It was out first Dragon*Con, and hopefully one of many! (It was actually the largest con we have been to, and only Ktar's second con ever!)
Hanging out with Penwiper as the Angels was too much fun! Walking in the parade as the Angels was not nearly as bad as everyone imagined it to be for us, either. I was more uncomfortable standing in one spot for a long time than walking for a while. The photoshoot with the HUGE Doctor Who group was awesome as well. I only "knew" Penwiper, and that was really not that much, so we didn't talk to that many people, but who we talked to, I'm still trying to keep in touch with! :)

Some more photos and notes on the completed costumes:






Notes:
  • I'm planning on either repainting or remaking my arm sleeves. Mine didn't hold up so well when I sewed them, the edges stick out a little bit when I wear them, but it's not noticeable to most people, it would only be for myself really.
  • It would be cool to remake the mask, but I don't think I will do that until Model Magic goes on sale again, and when I have the time.
  • I need to sew in a closure on the shoulder. At Dragon*Con, it was only safety pinned together! Same for the flap which hides the harness!
  • I need some grey shoes, in some pictures you could see my blue KangaROOS, haha
  • The arm sleeves need to be connected to the hood somehow, so we don't have to spend a lot of time pinning each other into the costumes.
  • Maybe we need to think of a faster way to put our wings on. There were people taking our pictures as we were trying to get ourselves together before meeting up with Penwiper, lol

5 comments:

  1. I was looking for weeping angels and came across your blog. I am going to make an animated weeping angel for our spook house in October. Your step by step directions will come in handy when we get started. I'm a major fan of Doctor Who. Last year I made a 6 feet tall dalek of foam board. I have an ood I made the year before so now I need a weeping angel. The con looks like it was a blast. I have yet to make it to one, but I went to the New York premier and met The Dotctor, Amy Pond, Rory and River Song. Stephen Moffett and Matt Smith were sitting right behind me, over my right shoulder. It was very distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This costume is absolutely amazing!I'm being a weeping angel for a Halloween Swing dance but since I need to be able to dance in it I had to simplify it a bit.I love your idea of using pantyhose to avoid body paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!I had already made my weeping angel costume last year, it's SIMILAR to yours but not exact, which is also kind of the beauty of it. But my wig (made out of yarn) broke(ripped and fell apart) last year and I'm having trouble understanding how and what you did to perfect your wig. I have 10 days to get it right... do i have enough time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I had already created my Weeping Angel costume last year, and it's SIMILAR to yours but also very different, which is kind of the beauty of it.But, I 'm having trouble understanding how you created the wig. My wig I made last year was made out of yarn and it ripped and fell apart the first day at comic-con.I want to redo my wig and update my costume. is there anyway you can help me? I have 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, if you look at this post: http://kilayicosplay.blogspot.com/2010/08/angelic-hair.html

      You might find some help on how we did our hair. It was paper-mache with model magic sculpted in top of it. If you need more help, feel free to let me know!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...