|From left to Right: me (Kilayi), Ktar, and Penwiper|
Dragon*Con was AWESOME!
It was out first Dragon*Con, and hopefully one of many! (It was actually the largest con we have been to, and only Ktar's second con ever!)
Hanging out with Penwiper as the Angels was too much fun! Walking in the parade as the Angels was not nearly as bad as everyone imagined it to be for us, either. I was more uncomfortable standing in one spot for a long time than walking for a while. The photoshoot with the HUGE Doctor Who group was awesome as well. I only "knew" Penwiper, and that was really not that much, so we didn't talk to that many people, but who we talked to, I'm still trying to keep in touch with! :)
Some more photos and notes on the completed costumes:
- I'm planning on either repainting or remaking my arm sleeves. Mine didn't hold up so well when I sewed them, the edges stick out a little bit when I wear them, but it's not noticeable to most people, it would only be for myself really.
- It would be cool to remake the mask, but I don't think I will do that until Model Magic goes on sale again, and when I have the time.
- I need to sew in a closure on the shoulder. At Dragon*Con, it was only safety pinned together! Same for the flap which hides the harness!
- I need some grey shoes, in some pictures you could see my blue KangaROOS, haha
- The arm sleeves need to be connected to the hood somehow, so we don't have to spend a lot of time pinning each other into the costumes.
- Maybe we need to think of a faster way to put our wings on. There were people taking our pictures as we were trying to get ourselves together before meeting up with Penwiper, lol